Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Harmony in The Family

Good Day to my Fairy World Friends!

Hope to the sun is shining in your corner of this fair fairy world!

Today's card straddles a subject that a lot of people just do not want to deal with. The card is Family Harmony. The card's main meaning is "Your relationships with family members are healing. As you hold loving thoughts and feelings about the souls involved (including yourself), you experience genuine harmony within your family."

Well if this isn't a powder keg. In fact without details, this card hits so close to home that I almost spit out my coffee when I drew it! lol

I cannot imagine a family unit on the face of this very beautiful earth that does not have at least one member that is the outcast/troublemaker. By the very nature of the human personality, we are not built to be all best friends. Even if we do share DNA or a last name. It is just not possible/practical. Having said all that how do we cope?

I do not know if there is a solid answer to this one at all. Actually if we had the perfect answer, we would solve world peace. World Peace!?! How does family interaction relate to the whole wide world being peaceful? Need I remind you about the Hatfields and the McCoys?

The thing that I am trying on for size right now is the acknowledgment that that everyone is different. Okay so? We have to accept their differences with us and acknowledge their right do run their lives in a manner other than we run ours. We don't have to like it. We don't have to approve. But we do have to accept. (Like I said, this is new for me too!)

"So I have to accept Uncle Harold is more rambunctious than the rest of us and always hits us for money, and he should have to be a regular for Sunday dinner?" Yes and No

Yes you have to accept that is how he chooses to run his life. Might not be what you would choose, but it is still his choice. and No, he doesn't have to have a seat at the table every week, maybe even never. Whom you have in your home and how you run your life is your choice.

You know, there is another side to this whole thing. The family members that we do not exactly care for probably think our life is nuts as well. That thought actually cracks me up! But it really rings true, especially the ones that are so polar opposite of us. How could they have a relative that is so boring and mundane? Who doesn't belch in the middle of dinner like a three year old? If they are smart, they can accept that our choices are different as well.

Acceptance without judgment is the key to this all I think. We accept that they choose a different life from us and they accept that we choose a different life from theirs. And while we might not be frequent dinner guests at each others houses, at least when we interact, it will not be as stressful.

So this is a lot to mull over, but I think we can do it!

Today's affirmation "I see the goodness within each member of my family. My family life is harmonious and filled with joy."

Have a great day, sprinkled with Fairy Dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment