Thursday, April 30, 2009

I've Gotta Be Me

Good Morning Fairy World Inhabitors!

Early start today, let's hit the ground running, shall we?

Today's card is Awakening Your True Self. The card's main meaning is "You're beginning to recover your natural identity, including your old sense of humor, interests, passions, and desires. Trust that any confusion or changes you're currently experiencing are part of your healthful evolution."

You know it's funny. As far as we have come in the past few months, discovering all these new things via the fairies and we did not really know what we were missing. Ourselves!

According to the guide book for these cards, while we have been making great strides, we were getting caught up in someone else's idea of a life. Interesting. So now in the midst of all this the "old" us is back and she is ready to kick butt! We are like spring tulips that are breaking ground and are ready to bloom. Same type of tulips as last year, but much more vibrant somehow.

This brings to mind a song with the words that are very fitting:

I've Gotta Be Me

Whether I'm right or whether I'm wrong
Whether I find a place in this world or never belong
I gotta be me, I've gotta be me
What else can I be but what I am

I want to live, not merely survive
And I won't give up this dream
Of life that keeps me alive
I gotta be me, I gotta be me
The dream that I see makes me what I am

That far-away prize, a world of success
Is waiting for me if I heed the call
I won't settle down, won't settle for less
As long as there's a chance that I can have it all

I'll go it alone, that's how it must be
I can't be right for somebody else
If I'm not right for me
I gotta be free, I've gotta be free
Daring to try, to do it or die
I've gotta be me


Today's affirmation "I now give myself permission to be my true self."

Have a great day. Be yourself. Don't forget the fairy dust!

No comments:

Post a Comment