Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Little Kindness

Hello Fairy World Inhabitors!

It is Tuesday and what a wonderful day it's going to be!

Today's card is Kindness. The card's main meaning is "Practice kindness in all your thoughts and deeds today-toward yourself, other people, animals and the environment-and watch the rewards that come your way!"

The guide book suggests that we not think of kindness as "thoughtfulness", but more as "lovefulness". Interesting.

I think this applies more in dealing with ourselves than others. This goes back to yesterday discussion about loving ourselves. We can be kind to our selves, especially how we refer to our selves or when we receive a compliment. Most of us do not do that well. We are too embaressed and feeling too poorly about our selves to see the sincerity in the gesture of the compliment. We make excuses why that should even apply to us. "Your hair looks nice today." "Thanks it looks better than yesterday." "What a pretty top you are wearing." "Oh, I have had this thing forever." These are just off the top of my head, but you know that is how we react. Best or worse case scenario, just say "Thank You." Be kind to yourself.

This should bring us to ROAKs better known as Random Acts of Kindness. Through the years I have heard debate that we put too much attention on this. That people might begin to expect this. I cannot debate the ins and outs of all of this all I know is if I am kind to others, others are kind to me. I pay a compliment to one person, another will hold the door open for me somewhere else. That is just the way it works.

So let's go out of our way today. Let's be kind to ourselves. Let's be kind to others. Let others be kind to you.

Have a great day filled with ROAKs sprinkled with fairy dust!

Today's affirmation is "I am kind, thoughtful and loving to myself and others."


No comments:

Post a Comment